Sunday, February 6, 2011

TV Program Collection.

Window 7 Home Premium
1 posts


[1] http://www.sevenforums.com/media-center/76521-tv-tuners-what-file-format-can-i-burn-dvd.html

---------------------------
Using Windows 7 Media Center = .WTV format
If you use Windows 7 Media Center Edition to run your tuners, then it will record the file in a new format: WTV. Not many converters know how to handle WTV since it is new to Windows 7. There is an option when you right click on a file, to convert it to .dvr-ms format, the older one that many of the converters DO support.

I right click and convert to .dvr-ms. I then load that into VideoRedo, remove commercials, and then save as .MPG. I then can use traditional DVD authoring apps to convert to .VOB and burn to DVD.

Regards,

Gayle Snedecor

-----------------------
Windows Live DVD Burner burns usable DVDs off of whatever format Media Center records them into... It sems to be a 2 pass operation, the first I assume is a conversion.

Use it with Movie Maker, which I use to remove commercials (or split where you want to), and you even get indexing to jump to where each split in your configuration is. After seeing what I can do with standard Windows tools, I am not bothering to upgrade my Nero. I rarely use the copy of version 8 that I have.

No comments: